May 18, 2011

The Art Of Racing In The Rain

When you get to know me (if you don't know me already) you'll realize very quickly that I absolutely LOVE to read. I never go anywhere without a book to read stashed in my purse or backpack. I used to use this as an excuse for why I carry around a huge purse (that my friends have dubbed the Mary Poppins bag) but now that I am the proud owner of a Kindle I need a new excuse... I'll think of one later...

Anyway, I thought that a great way to write about something other than Alaska and meaningful addition to my blog would be recommendations of books that I have finished and found absolutely superb. So, without further ado, I present to you the first book to grace Teaching With A Northern Exposure's bookit list:


This sweet and candid book is a quick read, it only took me about three days to finish reading on my lunch break at work. I picked up The Art of Racing... on a whim, not really knowing anything about it other than that it was told by a dog, because I was yet again inspired by the continuous rain that is keeping the Colorado blue sky hidden. For once (and probably never again), thank you rain. I truly enjoyed this book!

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the Bookit List; wonderful!!

    I'm in the middle of The Golden Compass trilogy and will pick this one up when I am done with that. I am notorious for having a stack of books on my bedside table and reading more than one at a time. I don't carry them with me, though, and I should.
    There are moments in wait that could be better spent.
    :)

    Scarlett & Viaggiatore

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...have you tried Bookswim? It's Netflix for books.

    ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT.

    http://www.bookswim.com/index.html

    ReplyDelete